PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Class G Discussion Paper
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2017, 23:25
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was one of those resistant to change types. I was indoctrinated with the 'ASA is the best ANSP in the world' 'ASA knows all there is to know about running airspace'

That was until I flew quite a few hours in another system. You don't monitor an ATC frequency, you don't need to. If you want to, fill your boots. If you have an emergency every body monitors 122.5, the ATC is always there and can help if you need them.

It's not much wonder ASA can't get enough controllers when they're forcing controllers to provide the nanny service to VFR that are not wanted or needed. The liability placed on controllers (and by extension ASA) is a ridiculous state of affairs that contributes to the cost of aviation. If they didn't have to provide this rubbish there'd be more money for surveillance and the controllers to person Class E sectors to an approach service.

Dick, you are truly wasting your time. From someone who spent 25 years in there, you will never change the minds of the self appointed risk management experts. Most of them have never set foot in or used the services provided by other ANSP's.