PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 4th Mar 2017, 22:46
n305fa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I understand the discussions regarding the completion of the final manoeuvre and the performance of the pilot I would politely suggest that this the final stage in a chain of failings which includes the airworthiness of the aircraft, management of risk, training requirements, proactive regulatory oversight etc. It's incredibly easy to focus on the final event, for perfectly understandable reasons, but I feel that the root cause of this tragic accident lies much deeper than the completion of the final manoeuvre.

I would also suggest to those that are criticising the AAIB report that they have spent considerable time examining a greater volume of evidence and expertise outside the AAIB than we could every have access to. I'm not suggesting that they are infallible, I'm just saying that they have probables considered most of the issues mentioned on these pages and, for good evidential reasons, found them to be irrelevant. I think that if the AAIB included everything that was considered and dismissed during their investigation the report would be considerabley larger that it is.

I expect many of you may disagree with me and I respect that, I just felt that I would throw out my thoughts for consideration.