PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 4th Mar 2017, 15:41
Wetstart Dryrun

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
For the spamcan drivers please let me give you an analogy to ae type you can relate to.
A Hunter does not leave the ground until 130kts. A Cessna will float off at 50kts

A Cessna f upside down at 35kts is going to finish up steep nose down. Low enough and the engine is spluttering its going to crash

As for the low start height, a while back I used to do e few seasons of aeros to, i think the same rules. This was discussed extensively on related threads. I recall those rules as 100ft flyby, 200ft turns and loopy things recover by 500ft BUT may continue descent to 100ft once recovery by 500ft is certain. This did my head in, so I just flew to approx 500ft min. However, pulling up from a low-level pass to a vertical manoeuvre was ok in my book. It would seem the AAIB have a different view.

Slow to realise it's going pear shaped? If you follow a link from a thread about the goldfish club authored by 'Tarnished', he describes a Hunter flameout in the cruise where realisation ony occurred when the motor had run down to windmill rpm and air was spilling out the intakes.

The last 2 T7 cat 5's I recall are a Boscombe ac which had a linkage failure mid 90's and a Brawdy jet on the break downwind that never spooled up.

The T7 has a gated switch by the throttle that bypases the FCU in the event of failure (that's novel- I wonder why)

If this aircraft had a history of erratic engine performance then there are serious errors of judgement allowing to be displayed - but that leads me back to primary cause.