PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 4th Mar 2017, 12:22
kwh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by homonculus
I am not sure there is a public demand for criminal as opposed to civil proceedings gouli. time will tell. In the meantime I hope professional pilots will reflect on the precedence this might set for aviation and try to avert a witchunt that might effect many of us in the future

I agree with Hebog that any considerations will not be that simple. But I dont think we can judge HA's decisions against that of an established hunter pilot. The regulator and the rules are satisfied for this display to be conducted by a pilot with perhaps only 60 hours on type and a degree of self education. He will be judged by those standards, and others may need to answer as to whether the standards were adequate.
Irrespective of the criminal liability question as it attaches to the maintainers/operators in this crash, if they bear any responsibility, one hopes that the civil liability does attach to them, so that their alleged decision to cut corners to save money backfires spectacularly enough that others learn the appropriate lesson...