PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2017, 09:50
FODPlod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A_Van
Brat,

Your passion towards F-35 is respected and appreciated. Would be stupid to object that it is a nice, "advanced" (whatever it means) and the best (assume F-22 is out of the scope of comparison) a/c of its kind in operation/service at the moment.

However, I suppose there are many folks "here" used to strict formulations and definitions...
Okay. Assuming for the moment that you and your fellow F-35 doom-mongers succeed in persuading us "fanboys" that it's an expensive "turkey", no "better" or "more capable" than anything else currently flying or in development, what's your plan for convincing all those who've flown the aircraft, or been closely involved otherwise, such as these?
Originally Posted by Business Insider UK 6 Aug 2016
"Only the pilots who have flown the fighter actually know how well the Air Force version of the F-35 can perform, and the 31 who were surveyed for this paper expressed a high degree of confidence in this extraordinary fighter," wrote the report's author, John Venable, a senior research fellow for defense policy and a retired US Air Force Thunderbird commander.

His findings: Pilots prefer the F-35.
Originally Posted by The National Interest 26 Jun 2016
"There is nothing that I have seen from maneuvering an F-35 in a tactical environment that leads me to assume that there is any other airplane I would rather be in. I feel completely comfortable and confident in taking that airplane into any combat environment,” Lt. Col. Matt Hayden, 56th Fighter Wing, Chief of Safety, Luke AFB, Arizona, told Scout Warrior in a special pilot interview.

Furthermore, several F-35 pilots have been clear in their resolve that the multi-role fighter is able to outperform any other platform in existence.