PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 4th Mar 2017, 09:32
eal401

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JEM60
To some extent, I agree with SILLERT. BUT... If I make a split second bad decision in my car and and kill 11 pedestrians at a bus queue, then I am afraid that the full force of the Law would come down on me. Killing 11 people with a bad decision in an aeroplane can be no different. I would not like to see him penalised by the Law, but I am afraid that you cannot have one law for cars, and another one for aircraft, where, technically, the offence is exactly the same.
I was waiting for someone to make this point.

The fact that AH wanted to flying the display and go home is irrelevant. The same applies to the driver who has one drink too many, or drives at 90 on the motorway, or runs a red light.

It just seems from some posts that if you commit a significant error and kill people, so long as you are in a plane "that's OK then"

The only thing that I get from this sad event is that it's now not just the pilot and air show director who require jail time, but those responsible for maintaining the aircraft too. Anyone who disagrees can go and stand in a room with the families of the dead and discuss it with them.