PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon & ramp checks
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 23:43
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They did however, look at me like I was a weird person when I asked them if they had anything like an ASIC. He asked why I would want that, I explained to him that it has halted all aviation related terrorist attacks, stopped any unauthorised access at aerodromes particularly in places like Warrnambool and is the most respected ID in all of Australia. He wasn't convinced of this. He said he'd much prefer the freedoms he enjoyed than a useless ID card. I couldn't believe that he held the ASIC in complete contempt, I feel so safe and secure that I sleep with it around my neck

Neither are we convinced. But I do like the extra safety precautions your use by sleeping with it around your neck. It is a bullet proof shield. I have proven this as nothing in my backpack where it is stored has ever been shot, even by me. Outstanding protection for so little as $2 a week.

As for overly aggressive FOI's, just pack up your stuff and tell them you have their name and details, you have the conversation recorded "for quality and coaching purposes" and leave. Then get straight on the phone and report them. He who phones in first wins so be on the front foot. Take the moral high ground.

If they are nice friendly folk, and probably the 80/20 rule will apply, show them the required stuff, keep doing your tie down/unpacking while talking to them, make sure they know they are not slowing you down and you are not slowing them down. Refuse to allow them to take photos etc, and when you are done retrieve your stuff, lock it in your plane shake their hand and wish them a good day.

Any bullying refer to the recorded conversation statement above and move on. If you are a criminal they will need the police to arrest you.