PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Back complaints
Thread: Back complaints
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 22:27
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Osteopathic Physician
I had one cataract done by a practice in Texas owned by a doctor, who according to the plaque on the wall, qualified as an Osteopath. I read somewhere that after 6 years training in Osteopathy it was a relatively small step to becoming a surgeon. Puzzling.

What I didn't make clear was that in recent times I did have the full open spine procedure - disc trim and removing some pressure on the sciatic nerve on one side. 36 hours in hospital. As mentioned, I'd only learned about the bowl inflammation a few days before the op. When I mentioned it to the Ipswich surgeon, he tilted his monitor my way and showed me my descending colon and lower spine. What he said was, more or less, 'of course. Look how close they are. If all that becomes inflamed, of course your spine will hurt'.

I keep beating the same drum because of the years of pain, where I'm convinced looking back that so much of it was inflammation due to some kind of immune reaction. It just might help someone one day.

This Ibuprofen thing. My neighbour claimed to have little of his hip ball joint left, yet as the owner of a factory, he worked hard. He told me that the pills were eating away at something, and he'd tried to stop taking them. He became dysfunctional in a matter of hours. I asked him if he took them before lying down and he confirmed he did - routinely.

I could never take such a pill and lie down within an hour. In a couple of days I'd have a real stinging sore patch somewhere near my solar plexus. It's easy to see how some folk could end up with a chemically inflamed area.

Long periods of taking Ibuprofen is thought to eat away at the gut lining and may well be the cause of Coeliacs
Wouldn't surprise me. I finally was told my biopsy showed no Coeliac issue. I was astonished, but the surgeon added that I could still be allergic to gluten. It crossed my mind that I might not have bothered swallowing that camera with its snippy teeth had I'd known.

Last edited by Loose rivets; 3rd Mar 2017 at 22:54.