PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USAF UH-1N replacement - HH-60U Ghost Hawk & MH-139
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 17:09
sandiego89

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Agree the H-60 seems to fit the bill.

What's in a name? Perhaps everything.

I can't help but think that all the name shuffles in the helo industry have ended up hurting things, and could taint marketing- regardless of where it is assembled. A few thoughts from an admittedly US centered view:

- Eurocopter- gone now, but really made it seem Euro-centric, and I think hurt potential sales in the USA and in other regions.
- Airbus Helicopter. Not much better than Eurocopter for marketing in the US. Airbus in the title always seems to make it an easy target/threat by US labor and politicians.
- Lockheed- now touting the H-60- I think the Lockheed moniker is actually a hindrance as Lockheed has gained a huge black eye in meeting cost and schedule- especially due to the F-35. The bloated company seems a far cry from their skunk works and prior glory days. They should stick with Sikorsky for marketing. Everyone knows Sikorsky as a helicopter focused company with a mostly solid, reliable reputation.
- Boeing. Despite years in the helo business, many in the general public see them as an airliner company.
- Leonardo. What the heck is a Leonardo?