PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA Cadet program with SmartLynx
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 09:17
Platypus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I've been there a couple of weeks ago. The school leaves a good first impression, people are friendly and appear professional. BAA is within walking distance to the airport and close to the city aswell (check google maps, you could easily take the bike to the city center), bus station just some hundred meters away. Assessment consists of the usual stuff that you will find in the most ab-initio prescreening tests.. (day 1: psychological questionnaire, basic maths, English, some sort of intelligence test, day 2: psychomotorical testing, mental capability, some mathematic problems, technical comprehension, interview with a psychologist). All doable, especially if you have prepared for other tests (eg Lufthansa or Swiss) before.

If you get a thumbs up from the flight school, your data will be transmitted to Smartlynx and Wizzair and the companies will decide whether they are interested in you or not. If yes, you will be invited to another interview/testing.

For my part, I am still waiting for a reply from the companies..

I think the scheme is very interesting, especially if you consider the relatively low cost of living in Lithuania and low taxation (compared to western europe countries). Both companies offer great practise for young pilots as they fly to interesting airports (lots of TOs/LDGs with Wizzair) and you have the chance to work abroad, also remember Smartlynx wetleases their planes.