PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 00:40
Fantome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would just like to say that when a gay man begins to harangue me for perceived intolerance and prejudice , for having the temerity to suggest that the joining together in wedlock of a man and a woman is somehow on a higher philosophical and conceptual plane than the joining together of a man and a man or the union of a woman with a woman, it is at that point that I become intolerant. Intolerant of the whole damn edifice that seeks to enshrine the homosexual lobby's beliefs into an undifferentiated code of universal acceptance . Normally I'd not have a word to say on the subject , but present circumstances almost demand a response. The law in Australia now permits anything that harms no one to take place in the privacy of a private place. But the advocates of SSM want more than that. They would like to impose their wishes on a majority who are in all probability happy with the status quo. When a man and a woman come together in wedlock is that any different to a man and man wanting a legitimised union or a woman and a woman also wanting this approval? And where does taste come into this? Anywhere? Aesthetes tell us that ultimately in matters of good taste there is a thin fine line separating man from the beasts, below which standards rapidly deteriorate going further and further down the scale into realms decidedly sub-human. For some these views are extreme. But in fact they are only put forward here to illustrate how far we are from any consensus in this country. In the present climate, Cpt Bloggs views on family values and the raising of children
constitute more than just the safe option. They are at the cornerstone, the benchmark , of a stable and happy home, community or country.
Too many pay just lip service to these ideals. Far from materialistic considerations, if we do not do our very best to bring up our kids right-mindedly, then we are on the skids. much as they need love, support and protection, they also need a climate free of indoctrination into the tough questions, at least until a certain age.

Last edited by Fantome; 3rd Mar 2017 at 01:39.