PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - John and Martha King
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2003, 21:30
Captain Custard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to say this, guys, but J and M, which I endured, including the @#$% about landing on the taxiway at LAX, are full of it. IF you could do it at SYD, AsA would slug you big bikkies: DS and AOPA wanted User Pays; they've got it. QF (and AA when they were around) don't want to subidise VFR, and, after reading the posts here from Bindook, Winstun and others, I don't want to either. You guys are arrogant, self-centered, single issue fanatics and do not deserve any sympathy. In fact, it is your attitude that has got the industry into this mess. To suggest that MBZs and Class C towers have killed the industry is totally ludicrous, as is the idea that their removal will be the panacea of all VFR ills.

Bindook, go and make a fortune printing thousands of nice maps for VFR to use, like John suggested. Ha. Oh, and I hope you get to critical mass! Ha. They just don't understand that we DON'T, and never will, get to critical mass with our population numbers.

They, and a few jokers here, need to have a reality check. The industry's stuffed because of DS and zealot beancouters (aided and abetted by DS and Co): it's got nothing to do with the airspace.

NAS won't save a cent and will decrease safety to boot, and to have two yanks come over here and tell me otherwise really gets up my nose. They even had NAS shirts on! For god's sake!

All that said, I admire the way the yanks generally have a more can-do attitude than our bureauracy (I get dicked around by AsA and it p#sses me off), but I draw the line at having to mix it with no-radio circuit traffic and non-radar E airspace.

Last edited by Captain Custard; 21st Aug 2003 at 22:42.