PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final Approach
Thread: Final Approach
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 15:23
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 hours total, and many repeat lessons for the final visual phase, I'm confused. I would have thought that at 10 hours you would just about be starting the circuit training having got to grips with some of the basics of flying first.

Having said that, to answer your question, you need to scan scan scan. This will develop with time, and at 10 hours you won't be there yet. You need to have a set of datums to work round, you need a decent datum pitch attitude and power setting, then any corrections you make should be small around those datums, and once your correction is complete you should readily your datum setting. You need to look outside mostly, and have occasional quick glances at your IAS predominantly to adjust your power seating accordingly. When on the approach you will find that if you are stable, the TDZ will be in a constant spot in your windshield, if you keep it there then you won't deviate from your glide path.

Hope this helps, but, like I said in the first place, at 10 hours I wouldn't have expected you to be getting this right yet.