PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has EK been the worst decision ever?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 13:17
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry fatty, you just sound envious. button push ignored made it pretty clear it wasn't meant to be a brag, just an idea of what's possible at the top end of the pay scale, which - obviously - isn't EK. So what?

Of course not every American pilot works at UPS, and not every US job has T&C like that. Most of the US pilots I met at EK were ex-regional guys for whom EK was a great opportunity to advance their career and make more money, in some cases a LOT more. Very few legacy mainline guys or from places like UPS, and if they were, usually just flying out a few last years for fun. Virtually all the US pilots I know of have already returned, most infamously a certain EK promotional video star. I do know one or two that are recently upgraded or close to command at EK so going to hang on for a bit longer - makes sense.

Why does it bother you to hear that Delta captains make more than you do? Don't hate on the young guys excited at the chance to go home and escape EK, just because that avenue isn't open to you.