PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon & ramp checks
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 12:10
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
Caveat - I'm an engineer/pilot, not a lawyer ... so the following needs to be read in that light ..

Ensure that: ...

From a practical point of view, the inference in CAO 100.7 at para 5 is that the approved loading system, when observed, will cover the nominated requirements -

2. The takeoff and landing weight is less (more correctly, "not more than") than the maximum; (and the MZFW limit, if specified)

3. The CG is within limits for all stages of flight;

How that is to be done needs to be specified in the loading system.

Depending on the requirements of the loading system, there may, or may not be, a requirement to produce paperwork prior to the flight. Note that para 3 of CAO 20.16.1 directs the pilot to observe the requirements of the loading system.

Hence my suggestion, in respect of smaller, simpler, aircraft .. that the loading system include loads rules which avoid the need for paper shuffling. So, for instance, a trimsheet would need to be completed to demonstrate compliance with the loading system. (That that is a good idea in the event of an incident is a separate issue to the question at hand).

.. and, of course, I second the desirability of seeking counsel from the local clairvoyant as a necessary element of one's pre-flight activities