PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow 3-5 March 2017
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 02:38
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
You can't - especially when the hyper-enthusiastic US commentator spruiks his stuff during the F22 display.
BUT, it is a pretty impressive display! And loud!
That's the only reason I'm pulling the 210 out of the hangar and going. Never seen an F-22 in the flesh before, so looking forward to it. I like loud!

But having attended various airshows over the last 50 years (including a two or three at Avalon), I'd probably have to side with Sunny and suggest that other than the F-22, the rest will be as boring as bat****.

I can still remember some of the RAAF shows at Laverton back in the late '60's, early '70's that Dad took us to. One in particular that I can remember, was where a trio of Mirage's were doing their thing in front of the crowd. They departed stage left, but what the airshow patrons didn't see coming was the second trio of Mirage's approaching from behind the crowd. They wouldn't have been much higher than 100'AGL, were probably almost transonic and the afterburner's were lit.

The little old ladies screamed, the fat 6'4" tall bruiser standing beside me fainted and the rest of us had the ****ter blown right out of us!!! They were the days. It must've made an impression, because I can still recall it vividly decades down the track. I dont expect to see anything like that at Avalon in 2017.