PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia concerns
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 01:13
TWOTBAGS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys here are all talking about DPS and market presence etc etc It looks to me that you are glossing over the reality.
Its not the volume of the market its the yield, the market to DPS from all those ports you mention is real, but the price Joe Public is willing to pay is bottom dollar.
The vast majority of the tattooed, sunburnt unwashed simply don't care, they want to save as much on the flight to spend on Bintang.
They could not tell the difference between any of the carriers you mention, except the hostie was a good sort and it cost $10 for another bourbon on JQ.... but I bet you that they know exactly the cost of TT v JQ v GA v JT in exactly the same way as my kids know the local bus schedule by memory but cant remember to clean their rooms!

If you cant make a buck at it because the cost of business in this country is so high compared to the costs of business there, whether it's economies of scale, costs of financing, equipment and labour costs. It all cost more here than there...... why would you bother if there is not the point of difference that you can extract more from the punter...... aka YEILD.