PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 1st Mar 2017, 17:36
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by S92PAX
I think you have hit the nail on the head there Impress.
I used to accept the risks of travelling to and working offshore. However the events of the last few years have given me the impression that to the Puma/225 manufacturers are more concerned with profits than the lives that their machines are entrusted with.
I think I might have reluctantly got back into a 225, but my family are adamant that I don't. I respect their decision and have spent the last year retraining in case I need to change jobs. Nearly everyone I know offshore feels the same, it is about time AH realised this and moved on. The 225 is dead and finished. (Hopefully)
I understand that these things aren't based on rationality, but I wonder if your family has considered that the S92 has had one fatal accident, and the EC225 has had one fatal accident, and it is therefore completely illogical to have a fear of one type and not the other. My feeling is that they are victims of the hysteria and hype that apply to accidents "in our back yard" vs the disinterest in accidents that happen far far away.