PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap and/or skint EK retirees/DXB hotels
Old 1st Mar 2017, 07:48
777boyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dropp

Good question. In DXB, I've failed totally to find a Travel Industry/EK/Airline rate for retired staff at any hotel, including the "big" names. Best deal I've been able to find is the Holiday Inn Express at the airport, which is actually OK for a transit stay or single night. About Dhs 250 net including breakfast if memory is correct.

Elsewhere, I've tried the crew hotels with no success - rule seems to be "current employees" only. The only place that gave me an airline rate was the Hyatt Regency in MEL, who were really good about it - "of course, no problem with a retired staff id". Otherwise, and I've tried many countries and hotel chains, including UK, USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, HKG etc etc, without success.

You could try interline sites such as Vacations to Go, Dargal, TIS (UK), but they tend to be USA/Mexico oriented, big resort type places. The only DXB hotels I've found on these sites are actually in RAK/Fujeirah.

Its one of the disadvantages of having "Retired" in big letters on your retired staff id. If you find any hotels/chains which will give a discount to retired staff, I'd be interested to hear - maybe post it here. Good luck.

7B