PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow 3-5 March 2017
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2017, 05:15
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Just looked at the Airshow website. Not impressive. I was led to believe the SAAA was exhibiting, also Bert Flood imports, I wanted to talk Rotax to someone, specifically alleged multiple gearbox failures in the 912iS and maybe a look at the new turbo engine. Neither company is mentioned as an exhibitor. Horsham Aviation isn't attending so no Dynon and if the Garmin stand behaves as usual they will have a rotten sales team.

I still have to spend about $7k -$8k for radios, a new PLB and a transponder, but I doubt there is anything informative on that subject at YMAV.

General perception from reading the program - same old, same old, of no real interest to an actual pilot. The event is more for schmoozing for people who either don't fly, or if they do, the Government pays for it (RAAF).

As for Friday night and the public display, go ahead and watch, its for kids, cloud bunnies, spotters and aerosexuals.

If I hadn't already paid my $65 I wouldn't go tomorrow at least based on the sales literature anyway.- its three hour drive each way However I have a mate getting a stent put in on Thursday in Melbourne, so I guess I can be out of Avalon early to go and visit him.