PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic aftermath of PFA rally (Good News!)
Old 21st Aug 2003, 18:04
stealthy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PFA Rally fiaso

Personally I wasn't there for that event but I know of the so called "Dangerous Flyers" and feel that this is ludicrous considering the wealth of flying experience and flying hours that they have between them - they both have taught many pilots in the RAF and in the civilian world and their knowledge and professionalism has been passed down the line to many of the current aviators that are on this forum. Their aerobatic skills and fast jet experience are second to none and they both have performed their aviation skills in front of, what must now be, millions of people with a clean safety record. Kemble's controllers are also excellent and professional and they watch these two professionals fly nearly every day. They know their limits but I have no doubt that they knew how safe these display pilots are. Should this case got further, after investigation, I feel that it is a mockery of the CAA over one person throwing his toys out of the cot. Both the pilot's did have DAs and if they are taken away it will be a very sad loss to the aviation world.
I believe the investigation is on going and believe that it is a complete waste of their time although I understand that these things have to be done if an official complaint is made. For the 2 pilots - keep your heads high and be proud that so many people are behind you and look forward to watching you fly your fantastic displays soon.

As for "The Compaliner" - if you were half the man that these 2 professionals are you would waken up, withdraw your complaint and get all this bad feeling away from PROFESSIONAL aviation. You may well know people in the CAA but far more people now know you for another reason and not that of professionalism.