PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avro Lancastrian Tales
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2017, 17:22
RichardRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only elongate this thread still further

This Forum has been faultless in helping me establish airport locations used in commercially distributed films. (Reel Streets - Reelstreets Films - Home Page) In recent days another question has been answered with more detail than I could ever have wished. As a result of using this particular Forum I came across this thread which is not only very interesting for a complete "outsider" but covers an aeroplane that just happens to feature in another film that I am currently establishing locations for. Booby Trap (1957) The main character ostensibly flies to America from, to me, an unknown airport for which I attach a screen capture. There is then what must be stock footage of Lancastrian AGMM taking off, about 5-6 seconds. If I read CAA result correctly this plane crashed in 1949, not uncommon according to your thread, and was "withdrawn from service". The character returns from America on AGMA for which there is about 8-9 seconds of the landing. That plane was apparently withdrawn in 1951, so all stock footage from somewhere. I thought that you chaps would be interested to know that this footage is available on film and might appreciate the attached stills. For my part I would welcome any information as to the airport used in the shots. I thought that it might be Hurn as it is recorded as their "usual station" but I see that there were flight from Poole. Am I correct in believing that these planes did not fly to America?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
airport.jpg (22.4 KB, 84 views)
AGMM.jpg (29.0 KB, 81 views)
AGMA.jpg (29.2 KB, 96 views)
landing.jpg (30.3 KB, 101 views)