PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exam venues
Thread: Exam venues
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2003, 16:56
Tim_Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exam venues

I have my booking form here for the November exams. I've just looked over a few past topics on exam venues but it doesn't seem to have been discussed too much.....

Firstly get this off my chest - 4 UK venues, 1 in Scotland and the 3 English ones are all in the South East! Surely there is a need to have at least one up North?!
I live near Manchester so must choose from the 3 SE venues. Oxford is the closest, I don't fancy braving their expensive student accommodation which has been criticised on prune in the past but plenty of B&Bs to choose from.
Silsoe has had the most coverage here before with mixed feelings on the on-site accommodation but generally everything sounds very convenient.
I have not found anything at all on Gatwick which I assumed to be the biggest venue? Could anyone comment on Gatwick? Where is it for a start, Aviation House? Plenty of accommodation round here to choose from but anything in walking distance?

Any feedback from those who have been there/done that would be most appreciated!

Tim