PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair (KA) recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2017, 08:35
schabur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial interview DEFO

Hi Guys

Had an initial interview for DEFO in HK. I found the thread very confusing when i went through it and only after some puzzling realised that the Cadet interviews and the DEFO interviews got intertwined in this thread.

As for the DEFO interview:

You need to get yourself to HK and sort out accommodation. I stayed in a private room that i got off AirBNB in Tung Chung. Very close to the airport, easy to get around with the busses...and at the same time gave me a good idea of what HK living would be like. Not everyone can do the tiny flat in a massive highrise, but I found it comfortable and do-able...for me.

The interview itself was with two lovely ladies from HR. Elene and Doris. They really are super friendly and just talk to you a bit. The logical things like 'tell us about Cathay Dragon' and maybe name a few destinations that KA flies to (maybe focus on two or three countries and know the cities). i fumbled a bit there as i know all the countries, but because KA's route network is so vast, I struggled with individual cities.

Some time will be spent on why you want to work for KA, what you do in your spare time and then also how moving to HK will impact your live (relationships, family, ect).

I personally was struggling on the day to get my thoughts into meaningful words, and I felt like i was floundering and not being convincing enough. Even though moving to HK and specifically working for KA is something I thought about extensively and decided on doing, I failed to bring that across well enough to get invited to the second round. My fault completely.

I am pretty sure they have certain things that they focus on in order to filter out the applicants who simply want to go there for a rating, and leave...and maybe my floundering made it seem that I might have been like that.

All round it was a positive experience. Disappointing and rather expensive, but if anything, it has made me want to try again with them.

Hope the guys that were in the slots before me did better than I did!

\____o(--)o____/