PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorcraft Nicknames
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2017, 07:34
noflynomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting to hear the Gaz called a chicken leg. Having first flown them in 1983 this is the first time I've ever heard that name. How would that be used? "Oh, he arrived in a whistling chicken leg" or "Lets go in the whistling chicken leg" -not exactly catchy, is it? I never heard it called anything but Gaz or Gazelle. Never heard a SeaKing called anything but a SeaKing either. Ditto Dauphin.
Goat sounds about right (Surface to Air missile! Other way around, surely?) but what would a R22 be on that basis? A Toad? Or should there be ur in the middle of that instead of oa? After all it is a Crapinson.
Even if numbers seem a bit more prosaic than names we are at least spared the idiotic names car manufacturers bestow on their output. Best kept that way, I reckon.

BTW, Enstroms are mighty fine helicopters as all who have flown them much well know. The begrudgers seldom seem to have much if any Enstrom time. Funny thing, that. (a bit like me and Flimsycopters, bit that's a different matter altogether)