PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC-21's for RAAF
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2017, 20:58
extralite

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
I actually thought tongue would poke out the side of my mouth if pushed any more in cheek if you read the very next lines on the post which went on to say how stringent recruiting has been at least since i joined. And most people seemed to get it. Possibly if someone just read the first sentence and then went on a keyboard rageit might be missed. That is not to say however that some odd candidates got through recruiting over the years.

By the way, i think i can match that on our swinging dick competitions 18 yrs RAAF starting in 1987, no ground postings except 6 months seconded to RAAF recruiting VIC. 6 yrs instructing at 2 FTS, and private flying since then on a few aircraft...hence being on this GA forum. So we may know each other.

And i agree with the poster who seems to have been training ab-initio pilots. 2FTS instructors dont have experience in that area although I think that part could be learned fairly quickly. In general, the students who rolled up at 2FTS from Tamworth were of a good standard for general flying and also, Tamworth was well respected for its standard of instruction at least when i was in. Usually it was the instrument flying or navigation where capacity limits first started showing themselves so the system worked well.