PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest FI course in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2017, 17:09
B737C525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it talks about 'raising the nose', so it'll do for Concorde! (For anyone who doesn't understand, the point I'm making is that we 'pitch the nose up'; 'raise the nose' is a bit slovenly).

There's an essential difficulty with this obsession with CFS: They teach intelligent young people who have been selected for exceptional ability in various tests, for drive and ambition, for enthusiasm and motivation, and for being suitably malleable. If flying schools had an endless supply of people like that, willing to part with their cash, I'd be much more interested in listening to what CFS have to say than I am now.

So far as I can tell, CFS are not experts in teaching ordinary people how to fly, and especially not in making that an enjoyable experience in itself. Away from aviation, there's a great deal more understanding of how people learn and develop skills than there was fifty years ago. Sadly, it seems to me that very little of aviation has progressed with the real world, though there are notable exceptions.

I do worry about the CFS hero-worship that goes on. It strikes me that it tends, amongst other things, to form a substantial barrier to progress.

(By the way, I don't have an agenda against CFS as a military training organisation - they may do that very well, I don't have the evidence to comment).

Last edited by B737C525; 26th Feb 2017 at 17:53.