PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2017, 14:07
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well "why should we pay when people are queuing up to pay for themselves" is likely the attitude.

I do often wish we could all get together and agree to not pay anything (i'll keep dreaming lol) ... and watch how all the airlines start paying for us instead. Only in this industry can they get away with the status quo, we do ourselves no favours.
Join the railway, as I have. You'll find no-one paying for training here, despite the fact that the training I'm going through costs more than CTC. Better pension too.

Perhaps what's most striking it that BA are no longer seeking the best available cadets, only the best out of a very select pool. Still a very high standard I'm sure, but very few companies outside of aviation would do that.
Spot on. There just isn't the political will to do anything about it unfortunately. You'd think BALPA would be all over it like a rash, sadly not.

Sad to see that the FPP has been killed off it seems, not totally surprised since Alex Cruz was brought in to cut costs. Looks like it's over to Easyjet to see what they can come up with, not exactly getting my hopes up for you folks though...

At my place, if someone turned up offering to pay for their own training, they'd get laughed out the door. Management want only the best and they are very, very clear about it.