PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Engineering Apprenticeship
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2017, 13:26
plasticmerc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
butterflyeffect,

The B1, B2 system was created by EASA to basically get the B1 to do the majority of the work and have even fewer B2 guys/girls.
Well that seriously back fired!
90% of B1's are not the greatest at electrics, and basic avionics.
A good B2 is well worth their weight in gold!

If I was you don't listen too hard to someone who has probably been in QF too long.
QF is not the bees all and ends all of aviation in the world Trust me it's not!
I've had many ex QF guys come and work for me and with me over the years once out of QF they don't last long any where else.
Don't get me wrong there is a lot of great guys in QF and in OZ aviation but are we the best in the world?
Are our standards better than anyone else?
Aviation in OZ is small compared to the rest of the world.

Do your training mate, Adelaide is good place to start easy, relaxed and great guys around.
Is Parafield still open?

You will learn more working in GA as an apprentice than at QF.
Ok maybe not all the fancy stuff but the basics the important stuff, radios, electrics, wiring, mods instruments.
A lot of this stuff is exactly the same GPS radar etc.
only thing different is the size and the way it's displayed in the cockpit.

Please note the only reason I am not comparing VA to this is they don't train apprentices.

If you are serious about moving then even consider crossing the ditch.

In the future don't be afraid of moving overseas to further yourself, continue to challenge yourself to better yourself.

Remember no one owes you anything you have to earn it yourself inch by inch scratch by scratch, no one will give you something just cause your there.

Good luck with your endeavors.