PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2017, 22:08
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brisbane's lease cost $1.4 billion in 1997
Yeah, rightio, Brisbane V Essendon. Fair comparison to what I'm talking about. Do you want to come out to the aerodrome I operate at? It changed hands for a dollar, yep, $1. It was then handed over to a management group for.......you guessed it, one dollar.

Hardly peppercorn, and hardly "given it"
As unpalateable as the truth is to you, it did happen. But continue quoting apples with oranges, that's OK child of CSS. That's probably why governments got rid of these assets, because they couldn't afford to subsidise you for the rest of your life without selling them.

Did you read the article in the aviation section of Friday's Australian regarding airport funding. The author pointed out it is almost impossible to pay the running costs from purely aviation related activities.
No, I didn't and I don't care. If you read my post carefully you may get my philosophy towards airports. They.......are.........essential.......infrastructure (that was slowly so you could understand my point)

No one can afford to run something at a loss for long
No ****!

(except the government, and that's what happened when they did, and that's why they got rid of them).
Really???? Economics 101, some of them they sold for $1 and some of them they sold for $1.4 billion, woo-hoo, now they can pay your CSS pension, that would have made you happy?

The truth is, in the majority of cases, it is the non-aviation related activities that are subsidising the rest, just to make it work.
Awesome! (see my point above about essential infrastructure).

It seems there are arseclowns on both sides.
Indeed there is, even retired bludging ones.