PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Engine Out Bank Angle
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2017, 21:10
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
What about in a Part 25 transport jet OEI where V2 is achieved during rotation and lift-off?

Will depend on the Type, weight and the speed schedules. If you are well above Vmc (as indicated by V1's increasing with weight) it is all pretty straightforward.

For instance, the older 737 classics, at minimum weight, end up Vmc-limited and the V1 failure OEI gyrations in the sim (until the folk up front get on top of things) are a sight to behold.

Like anything, train to meet the need .. for initial commands and intake F/Os, I used to find time to work the folk up to a min V1, max aft CG failure (using the worst engine damage model on the sim), with a min vis situation and a requirement to fly the opposite localiser. Took a few workup runs, naturally, but most were able to end up flying it like it was rails. Thereafter, of course, routine failures were a bit of a yawn for them.

Problem, as I recall (long time since my 727 days) with the FD108 was the small bank angle's driving an ADI response which just confused the issue.

So far as the OP is concerned, though, wings level gives centred ball, a bit of bank angle shifts the ball out to the low side a tad.

The best thing since sliced bread

I'm just jealous that I have never had the opportunity to fly a HUD-equipped machine ... are you out to Avalon next week ?