PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citywing
Thread: Citywing
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2017, 04:42
AdamThePassenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Citywing themselves will probably be ok, but methinks NorthFlying metroliners may well be about to return in numbers :P

Without Citywing, Gloucestershire, Anglesey and Blackpool airports would have no scheduled commercial traffic. After the losses of Plymouth, Sheffield, Manston, Cambridge, Oxford, Sligo, Galway and Waterford recently, the UK/IE regional airport scene is becoming a bit depressing. DTV's struggles are well documented, I suspect Prestwick will be freight only within 10 years, Derry would be in real trouble if it was not so politically sensitive, Dundee is just miserable after the Amsterdam debacle and Humberside would likely cease to exist without Eastern, who are acting in a deeply unsettling way with regards to crew.

I would love to see Citywing start using Eastern J41s, but Eastern seem intent on forcing out all of their staff so is unlikely to happen.

I can't imagine Cardiff will continue to subsidise Anglesey flights forever, and if CItywing disappear, I am struggling to think of anyone else who would operate the flights.