PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways job offer in NYC
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2017, 04:39
londoneasyjetboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to look at QR's whole package - are you given tax benefits (ie QR pays for it), housing and transport allowances, school fee reimbursement, medical cover?

I get all of this being based at the hub, including allowances, I am at about 80% of that offer, but not senior at all... just a small potato.

QR are, unfortunately, very restrictive of their salaries, you are allocated a grade (1-12) and there is a very small range. To go above that range would require a re-title. Regional Director should be Grade 10 I believe.

I personally think you are being low balled there, but our HR is rubbish and doesnt understand market rates for services.

Having said that, Doha is sh*t place to live so they have to pay more to get people to come here - if it weren't for the salary I certainly wouldn't be here.

100k is on the low side, but there's no way you'll get you 130k - as another poster has said, try negotiating then if no movement just say no. Its a hard thing to do but if they want you they'll make an offer.

Random musings here, but another thing to consider if 100k is less than what you already earn, if that's the case, move on, and airline isn't that good... yes there's the staff travel and travel industry discounts, but its not worth a paycut. Now, if you are not earning 100k already and it is a payrise, perhaps should consider it. Any increase is better than none at all.

Another point to note is payrises generally only happen on commencement of a newer higher graded job... as I said, HR is rubbish here.