PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2017, 03:41
le Pingouin

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
How will SSM fracture family structure more then it already is? My grandmother divorced her husband some 80 years ago because he repeatedly bashed her. My mother was born out of wedlock as a result. It's an ancient problem.

You're using the idea that SSM fails to meet an ideal to say it's unsuitable when the reality is a large majority of opposite-sex marriages also fail to meet the ideal. You're holding those who want SSM to a higher standard than you do heterosexual marriage.

Most Australians weddings are civil not religious so how is the Christian ideal relevant to those people? It's certainly not relevant to me as I'm not Christian and neither is my wife. I apply my own standards to my marriage.

"Civil celebrants have overseen the majority of marriages since 1999 and the proportion of marriage ceremonies overseen by a civil celebrant increased again to 74.9 per cent of all marriages in 2015."

www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/3310.0

"Equality" isn't about anything goes - it's about giving someone access to the same rights and privileges as others have. Opposite-sex marriage is between two people, not three or more, nor does it involve animals. That's all those who seek SSM are asking for. The polygamy gambit is a joke.

How are we changing the definition of your marriage? Explain that to me. Presumably you got married in a religious ceremony (which will be unchanged by SSM) and the civil part is just a legal contract that doesn't change for you - it is still between you and the missus.

Your marriage is still your marriage and Mrs Keg isn't suddenly going to want to include anyone else. The sun will still rise in the morning and the Keglets will still feel the same about their parents.