PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2017, 00:04
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fonz121

Unlike the religious right, people pushing for SSM don't actually care what anyone else does in their personal lives.
That's a false assertion. I don't care what people do in their personal lives but the issue of marriage and the strength of it is a societal issue. We've seen quite clearly how society is trending these days with marriage breaks down and what has occurred since marriage has decreased in the seriousness it was once held. Perhaps the 'religious right' are actually concerned about upholding something that is good for families (that children know and are brought up by their biological mother and father), good for society, and aren't keen to see something put forward that is likely to further diminish the status of marriage and result in kids being brought up without knowing their Mum or Dad. At least traditional marriage doesn't design this as an outcome right from the start.

The bible will probably even be updated one day as it invariably does, to reflect SSM being the societal norm it will no doubt eventually be.
Have you read it? Do you understand biblical teaching on marriage? Sure it can be updated if you want to remove Jesus teaching on marriage from the Bible but then it wouldn't be Christianity anyway.

It has a habit of doing that. As soon as something starts been seeing as bit too barbaric for current times God seems to have a change of heart and orders old mate to come out with a new hip version that the kids can get down with.
I'm presuming you've got some examples to back home that assertion? The Bible's teaching has been unchanged across the the 5000+ manuscripts and fragments of manuscripts dating back to the 1st and 2nd century AD through until the late Middle Ages. Sure, when the original Greek or Aramaic has been translated over the years it's had changes from thees and thous to a more modern vernacular (including an Aussie slang version of the Gospel of Mark that is a fantastic read) but those translations were still done from one of the very early Greek or Aramaic manuscripts.

I'm not sure who's actually writing this thing though. It would be nice to know who has a direct line of communication with God. I've got a few questions for him.
Some great answers to the first point in Lee Strobel's book 'The Case for Christ'. Former atheist, investigative journalist for the Chicago Tribune. Originally sought to disprove the bible when his wife became a Christian. Once having done his 'investigation' decided that his only option was to join her as a Christian. Book available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-J.../dp/0310339308

Never know. Perhaps after reading his book and reading the Bible you may work out the answer to the second point so you can ask your questions.

Last edited by Keg; 24th Feb 2017 at 00:19.