PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 11:38
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Qantas are taking quite an overt stance on the issue of SSM as there is advertising in support of it in their terminals. I wonder what equalitycampaign are paying for their advertising. What started as a discussion on colours painted on the side of a plane has now become a discussion on the issue of SSM and it has also gone beyond the sponsorship of the Mardi Gras. It should be moved to Jet Blast. I think its interesting that the plebiscite was voted down because of the alleged hate speech that would ensue and create mental health problems for teenage LGBTIQ (still no one has answered what the difference is between the G and the Q BTW). Given Kegs reasonable post about his beliefs (that I also share) and the vilification that he has received in response, I wonder what the Labor party was really concerned about in blocking the plebiscite legislation. I am confident that there would be a lot of "hate" speech and anger directed at one group engaging in the discussion, I just don't think that you can automatically assume that it is the LGBTIQ community.