PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay colors?
Thread: Gay colors?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 09:27
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by le Pingouin
Keg, I'm not forcing you to do anything, I'm not denying you anything. You however are denying something to to those who wish to enter into SSM. That's the difference and those who oppose SSM can't see that or wilfully ignore it. It has zero impact on your personal rights to believe what you want, practice whatever faith or belief system you want and doesn't inhibit anything you do.

It's exactly the same argument as for rights based on gender or "race". Or are they vacuous too?
Agree 100%. Not that it matters but I am 'straight' and I am a very big supporter of SSM. I have a number of friends who are in long term same sex relationships and it is not the business of the State to tell them who they can marry. It should just be legislated. That is why we have a Constitution that confers certain powers on the Commonwealth and marriage is one of them... there was no plebiscite when Howard arbitrarily changed the Marriage Act over a decade ago to suit his own Christian beliefs and there should be no need for one now. Marriage, contrary to popular myth does not belong to the church, neither does the word. This is not about faith and it's not about preference, it's simply about equality under the law. If companies like Qantas and the others that are pushing this to the forefront in the community didn't do this it would not get as much attention. If people follow a religion and don't agree with SSM then just keep your beliefs to yourself and let the rest of us believe and support what we want - we don't need your 'moral' code from what is a quite immoral book in many ways imposed on us... if such people ever get invited to a SSM just politely decline. The continent isn't going to tilt to the right and disappear under the Pacific Ocean when SSM is enacted. Let's not forget the Bible also puts forward that the Earth is flat and the Sun revolves around it, the contrary opinion to which it was prepared to torture and persecute people for holding for hundreds of years...

Last edited by AerialPerspective; 23rd Feb 2017 at 09:31. Reason: add content