PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 09:15
Left 270

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Firstly at an airport why is there non aviation buildings 100m away? I shouldn't need to compete against that because it's an airport and it should be there for use of aircraft.
I'm sure you could turn other infrastructure into profit makers but I don't see any hospitals, navy bases, train stations being taken over for a Bunnings or DFO, because that would be stupid right?

As to your figures I respectfully disagree as my 'local' airport has been putting rents up massively and have made clear that the GA area will be lost to a proposed development.
Where do we and the local ambulance operations go?

I put it to you like this, you get access to cheap commonwealth land through a government lease, land that is in commonwealth hands because it is sole purpose and then slowly turn it into anything apart from its original purpose.

There was a lot more here that I've deleted after re reading, with recent events it seemed a little too passionate but there are many ways we have been sold out.

I do give you credit for posting here as you could have easily kept quiet, and since we can't go backwards we will need to work out a way to move forward.

Last edited by Left 270; 23rd Feb 2017 at 09:17. Reason: English