PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 06:49
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I have waded back to November and found one of my old posts.

Artemis sponsorship ended in December.

This from Artemis Head of Communications Ross Leckie.

Tracey’s achievements continue to cause some controversy; and of course we do not condone illegality of any kind. If Tracey has broken any rules, no doubt the appropriate authorities will take action. As planned from the outset, our sponsorship of her is due to end next month. With her programme of ‘outreach’ to African women by way of example, as one of her sponsors we will remember the great deal of good she has done.
The above email received on 21 Nov 2016, at 17:20 from Ross Leckie <[email protected]
I cannot find any reference to her on Boeing sites so assume their sponsorship has also expired.

With the ending of the sponsorship I assume the aircraft will no longer be allowed to carry the Artemis and Boeing brand names.

So will the USA trip resume?

Her website originally claimed that a tv film was being made by Leopard Productions for broadcast by National Geographic. There is no mention of it on Leopard Films website.
https://leopard.world/productions/in-development/

However this info is currently on the Bird in a Biplane site.

Discussions are now underway for a television series of Tracey's ongoing expeditions to
Australia and America.
With all the surrounding controversy honestly editing such a film will be challenging.

In the meantime is the Spirit of Artemis worth a stand alone wiki article?

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 23rd Feb 2017 at 13:01.