PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 18:23
Dobbo_Dobbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tears of the Moon
I think we need to very honestly address the question of whether MAN's overwhelmingly budget-conscious portfolio of airline customers would be willing to pay extra for what they would perceive as extravagance serving vanity rather than functionality. And whether the passengers who pay low charges to fly through MAN today would be willing to pay extra for a slightly more upmarket airport experience. Or would many of them instead gravitate towards nearby competing airports for an immediate £5 saving on their headline fare? Price is king?
I don't think the methodology of the airlines paying (or passing off the cost in the form of higher fares) is the right approach. In any case, airport fees make up a very small percentage of the overall price paid by the consumer.

If most of MANs revenue comes from car parking and retail concessions (ie directly from passengers) surely that is the key factor?

I don't know what the answer to the finance question is, but the fees paid by airline customers cannot be the entire picture.