PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 13:17
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like many others, I've returned to this thread from time to time. With the latest departure of terry_holloway who, for whatever reason has tried to provide some defence to Ms Curtis Taylor, I wonder if there much more to be served by the direction of discussion on this thread?

From original media and website material, it's clear that these were to be solo flights. Added to that are the Herne Bay video and various images of her standing in front of wall charts with the word solo on them - and of course, certificates saying the same. When Ms Curtis Taylor told the world she flew 'sole' she effectively proved the lie. If she was 'sole', she wasn't solo. Then, Mr Gritsch told us that 'Yes, I flew in the aircraft but I never flew it'. Whether you believe that or not, is irrelevant, that statement again shows she didn't fly solo.
Reading back on this thread, the word 'libel' has been mentioned many times. To libel someone, the damage caused must be of significant detriment to the person being libelled and of course, the allegation must be untrue. It would appear that the lawyers or powers that be at Internet Brands, the owners of PPRuNe, have decided that there is no risk of libel as they have allowed a number of strong accusations in posts to remain. Ms Curtis-Taylor herself has threatened legal action against who she saw as her main accusers but this has now fallen away - in itself an admission. This must also cover the so-called 'outreach program' which again has been called into doubt by many here.

So what is left?

If Ms Curtis Taylor tries to gain further sponsorship or carry out more flights while referring to her previous flights as something other than what they were, she will be once again attacked by this board and others. If she tries to gain speaking engagements based on untrue 'escapades', the same will happen.
All that is really left for many people is the sour taste from honours received, degrees handed and certificates presented. If this is of great importance, then it probably needs a concerted effort to the media to raise the issue - but will they be interested?
In any event, as our US cousins are wont to say, she is now a busted flush as far as paid aviation is concerned. I think Ms Curtis Taylor may well cut her losses, admit defeat and fade away. The alternative, should she try to continue as before, is to be constantly called to account.