PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 12:07
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Betablocker uk
The grand design concept is for those cities with deep pockets and unfortunately large regional airports in the UK do not have that luxury. Personally speaking I thought T2 was ugly when built and it looks worse now, and I avoid if possible, but have had to use it recently a bit more, and my view remains the same - ugly. Also when mentioning the shopping aspect many brands dictate the set out of the shopping experience be it food or other products, and it is difficult to sometimes not feel as though you are in yet another Shopping Mall.
The point about seating is true but airports can not charge you for sitting, so seats are invariably in retail outlets until you get to the gates, and this is quite a world wide trend. As for the lounges T2 are poor in my opinion, where as the EK T1 because of its view and layout, is one of the best on their network.
Generally I do not think any airport or station with possible exception of St Pancras is an external masterclass, and even SP is a conversion project as the "new" shed at the end is a poor add on. Anyway we will see what sort of "shed" we will get, and what colour it will be, as the external view is one of the few things which differentiates terminals as well as the transit experience for us SLF. Rant over !

Regards
Mr Mac