PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 06:08
flopzone

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that the Channel 10 published footage of the aircraft coming in low over the DFO building with the gear down is not actually the incident aircraft? I think it is an aircraft (clearly a B200, and possibly even the same one) landing on RWY35 at another time. I would like to know if Channel 10 actually checked the metadata before they forked out money for that one. The other dashcam footage published showing the fireball from a distance is more believable as the crash aircraft.

Just because a news outlet publishes footage online and says it is the crash aircraft doesn't mean it is.

No not alone, if you look at the fl24 data. was aircraft operating before and after and one landed on the e/w runway from west not long before the accident. The livery is similar to the crashed aircraft, you can work out who that was if not the aircraft involved, I wont name them for fear of misquoting down the track.

As for 1.8nm and 90m seperation, thats a red herring. Come to my place at Carrum and 1k sep and less is quite normal. We had one home built it looked like last week that was at 350 ft doing a circle, verified by laser (not mine).

There are a few sims on youtube of simulations of engine out in this type, they all take 90 seconds at least to attend to.