PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2017, 20:06
Dobbo_Dobbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tears of the Moon
Nobody is calling out the huge number of customers who appreciate bargain airfares as the dregs of society. I absolutely love bargain airfares myself ... though, OK, everybody says I am the dregs of society. But those I see travelling aboard no-frills flights alongside me generally are not. They're just people who will accept no-frills travel in return for a bargain fare. Nothing wrong with that at all. But they must also accept the airport's own revenue-driven hard-sell utilitarian proposition as part of the deal. Premium passengers will be directed to prestige lounges commensurate with the fares they are paying.
I am sure you are far from it TOTM!

What I am trying to articulate is that passengers who appreciate a cheap air fare aren't necessaraly averse to parting witharge sums of case in other items (eg airport shopping) and have the warewithal to do so.

I realise this plays in to the high density shopping arcade model, but retail can and should be a pleasant experience. If T2 is to be a glorified shopping arcade (I have no problem with this in principle) there is no reason why it cannot also be light, spacious and inherantly functional as an airport terminal.

It does not have to be gold plated to achieve this.