PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2017, 19:34
camlobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA474 thread drift

Gentlemen,
Many thanks for your kind comments. I shall pass them on to the rest of the Lanc Team.

Chug, understandably (I suppose) the RAF have expressed there desire for a curfew on the release of private pictures of '474's progress. However, ARCo (the Aircraft Restoration Company at Duxford, the organisation tasked with the Major Inspection, have their own Facebook page, and there are many photographs detailing the Lanc's improving health.
Of course, once the Major Inspection has been completed and '474 is back at Coningsby, I suspect many private pictures may well become public. And as well as taking many snaps of the old girl, I have been following the progress with cartoon renditions on our impromptu notice board.

Of course, you must appreciate, this contract is taking slightly longer than originally planned due to aerial distractions at Duxford, especially the Merlin and Griffon powered ones.

(Sigh) It's a hard life, but someone has to do it, so it might as well be me. I'll take this one for the team.

Camlobe