PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2017, 08:22
RenegadeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey hoggsnortrupert, you're clearly very knowledgeable and experienced with the A/C type involved. And I can imagine how frustrating it is when you read peoples' (potentially) inane comments that indicate a lack of understanding or practical knowledge. But tonight many families have been decimated, the regular Joe Public community around Essendon that have no care or understanding of what GA means in this country now has a fresh incident that will stoke the "Close the airport!"fires and the aviation community have new uncertainty surrounding their ops, with potential for a grounding a definite threat, on the back of this crash that doesn't have an obvious explanation.

Against the backdrop of all of this upheaval and tragedy, perhaps a calmer and less aggravated countenance is required from old hands like yourself to demonstrate strength and stability.

Everyone responds differently to tragedies like this and I'm fully aware the tone in your posts could be part of the anger one feels when something seemingly so senseless and random happens. Anyhow, I hope you're okay and everyone else that's upset by this works through their emotions with some awareness of what happens. The industry's lost a very experienced pilot and his wife and children will be in a terrible state of shock and sadness. It's just not good all round.