PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2017, 07:25
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare me:

Sounds like you are not familiar with the mechanisms on the King Air.
Let me explain further.
There's a spring in the system that pulls the power levers back to idle. If the friction is not done up firm enough, after you set take off power if you remove your hands from the levers (to raise the gear), you might find one or both levers slide back pretty promptly.
There is a seperate friction adjustment for each power lever, hence why one or both might slide depending on friction adjustment.
Typically for any maintenance work on the power/prop/condition levers or FCU/governors, the friction is wound off, and engineers may not firm them up again when they are finished. It can catch you out if you haven't checked before going flying that the friction is set appropriately.

Well Bugger me! Only the fookinjg king air has this:::: POWER SLIDE BACK IS A COMMON ISSUE, OR USED TO BE , ON MOST SINGLE PILOT OPERATIONS, AND ONE THAT WE OLD BASTARDS WERE TRAINED TO RECOGNIZE, IVE BEEN CAUGHT/EXPERIENCED IT IN A MULTITUDE OF MACHINERY! THE PURPOSE OF ONE HAND ON BOTH< IS THAT WHEN YOU DO NEED TO RAISE THE GEAR, "IT TAKES ALL OF .5 OF A FOOKIN SECOND TO POSTITION THE GEAR LEVER, BUT THE POWER HAND GOES BACK TO THE POWER AND PROPS AUTOMATICALLY< and IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE FRICTION, IT IS NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ( YOU GET IT) AN ISSUE:

Aviation was always so simple, now its a complicated fookin science.

HS/R.