PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for an instructor and cool/historic airplane near London...
Old 21st Feb 2017, 06:19
LTCTerry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aeros at WLAC

Cubair
Their Firefly was out of service for an avionics refit.

White Waltham has Chipmunk and Tiger Moth flights, and is a just plain enjoyable place to hang out when not flying
The Chipmunk and Tiger Moth are available after some time in April. And it was a nice place to hang out last Saturday as I waited for the weather to clear so...

And, even worse, one could argue that the Firefly is French
"French" it may be, but it sure was fun to fly. I added a couple of aerobatic figures to my repertoire and had a great time. I want to go back.

This was my first powered flight in a G-reg airplane (lots of glider flights). What can I arrange next? Bulldog? Chipmunk? Tiger Moth? I could do the Spitfire, but I've been saving that money for a B-25 SIC course.

I've just learned I have cousins - distant ones - in London. Can someone find me a job? Can I claim some sort of ancestral citizenship? I started this thread in December 2014 when I was planning a European vacation/holiday for the next summer. Little did I know that I'd actually be living in Europe again.

Terry