PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon Airshow 3-5 March 2017
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2017, 00:09
Down and Welded

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have been to the last four Avalons. I'm a bit with Sunfish and gerry111. Have they made it clear the JSF will not be flying? They've certainly made the claim it'll be 'there'. I'll not be happy if they imply one thing and deliver quite another. Parabellum speaks eloquently in support of the organisers and makes fair comment. But we outsiders don't know what actually can or cannot be achieved and what could have been done better in the organising (which includes financing/sponsorship) but one suspects there's usually more. Suffice to say that I've noticed over the years a fair bit of commonality between one show and the next. Suggests to me that the organisers might take the easy way in some things. I'd like to see displays I wasn't expecting, not so much of the 'same old'. We can no longer see such displays as Bob Hoover's, but there are always other exciting display routines other than the (admittedly superb) aerobatics we get to see. The V/Line and bus connection to the field is a triumph of organisation... I drove in once... never again. This year I'm taking my partner to her first-ever airshow, so to make it enjoyable for her we'll be taking advantage of the Mile High Club facilities. And to take double advantage, we'll be going on Friday so our $1500 buys dinner as well as lunch. That's another thing. It'll be my second MHC admission, and I'll have to see more value this time around than I did in 2015--their first attempt at 5-star--if I'm ever to repeat the process. To those who are involved with the organisation of this event and are indignant at critical comment, remember this... the attendees are your customers. Like Sunfish, I'm an optimist, and I make no apology for having an opinion.