PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about Norwegian Contracts
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2017, 22:48
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Norwegian Contracts

Could someone actually working for a Norwegian-outfit give an answer, to the best of their knowledge, to the following:

1. What are the different Norwegian outfits at the moment (NAI, NAN, NAS) and callsigns?
2. Is there only one agency, e.g. OSM, providing pilots to Norwegian, unless you're core?
3. Are the contracts local, in compliance with local labour laws and policies?
4. If you're hired by an agency, what happens if you're sick short-term?
5. If hired by an agency, what happens if you are sick long-term. Any insurance in place on top of local welfare system?
6. If hired by an agency and loose your medical, any loss of license in place to give you a chance to restructure your life?
7. If hired by an agency, any pension contribution from the company on top of local welfare system?
8. If hired by an agency and you are to have children will they, without discussion, allow you the maternity/paternity leave that you're entitled to under the policies of the country in which you're based or live in?

Thanks in advance if you could help me get these things straight. I am not considering applying, just trying to get a better understanding of what reality is like. Flying life can be pretty challenging, even with good support from the company. I am interested to know how much of this 'support' is left in the wake of legacy carriers, in more 'modern' brands where most perks have been reduced to the size of nothing.